The BPI are delighted to be joining the newly created Trade Advisory Group for the Creative Industries.
Eleven new trade advisory groups covering a range of key sectors have been launched by International Trade Secretary Liz Truss, established to provide knowledge and experience to inform UK negotiating positions and deliver deals that benefit the whole country.
More information on the Trade Advisory Groups (TAGs) can be found here. The members of the Creative Industries TAG are:
- Advertisers Association - Konrad Sheck - Strategic Policy Advisor
- BPI and Member of Creative Industries Council - Geoff Taylor - Chief Executive Officer
- Channel 4 - Khalid Hadadi - European Affairs Manager
- Creative Industries Federation - Caroline Julian - Director of Policy
- Pearson - Rod Bristow - President
- Pinewood - Andrew Smith - Corporate Affairs Director
- Premier league - Tim Vine - Director of UK and International Public Affairs
- UK Music - Richard Constant - General Counsel
- Wiggin LLP - Ted Shapiro - Partner
Commenting on the news, Geoff Taylor, Chief Executive BPI, said:
"The UK’s music industry is a global success story – we are the second largest music export market in the world, supporting British artists from all over the UK to make their way as global stars.
As we establish ourselves an independent trading nation, the global partnerships we forge in the coming years will be key to the UK’s future growth. With the right frameworks in place to enable the UK’s creative industries to flourish, the opportunities are absolutely there for the taking. I am delighted that the BPI is joining this new TAG to help make that happen."