Position: Genre Specialist, Classical
Location: London, UK
Reporting to: Director, Label Management
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Classics specialist to manage key classical digital retail relationships globally as well as managing classical label relationships. Essential to this role is a solid understanding of classical repertoire as well as a core understanding of the digital retail market place and the complexities of working with classical in this space. Equally important is a strong grasp of classical metadata. The role will involve working closely with the label management team and Orchard’s marketing teams across the globe to create compelling retail campaigns for our content and label.
- Manage & maintain day-to-day relationships with retailers, including classical specialist stores and classical editors at global accounts.
- Drive strategy pitches and process with retail accounts and to ensure The Orchard’s classics repertoire receives maximum promotion and exposure.
- Prioritise classics release schedule to execute on label needs, and proactively communicate analysis and results to labels and management.
- Identify and execute high-revenue classics catalogue opportunities
- Utilise Orchard tools and technology for campaign execution and analysis
- Track and analyse data points and results to interpret how campaigns impact overall sales goals
- Create metrics and case studies around content performance and visibility, impact of marketing initiatives and retail response to promotion.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with key classics labels from around the world.
- Manage product logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required internal & retailer specifications, using Orchard technology systems and external systems as required.
- Proof classical metadata on all assigned incoming releases and provide feedback to labels where necessary. This requires a solid understanding of classical repertoire and the associated retail and industry standards.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from timely inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary, including interactive marketing and advertising.
- Work with other team members to educate, train and assist in classical best practice as required
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the label base.
- Liaise with various departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management to ensure all label business needs are met.
- Represent The Orchard Classics and internal and external events and conferences as required.
- Develop industry relationships in the classics space, across accounts, labels and media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a classical label or distributor environment.
- A strong understanding of digital distribution is required.
- Experience in digital retail sales and marketing and an understanding of the changing landscape is required.
- Music degree not required, but a solid working knowledge of classical repertoire and an understanding of work and movement structure, composers, composer catalogue numbers, etc. is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong industry network and relationships within the classics space.
- Fluent in English with additional languages desirable.
- Able to travel as required.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and current salary to [email protected].