BPI & ERA Insight Session: Serving the Superfans - in association with Music Ally
Consumers come and go, but fans are the bedrock of the music business and superfans are the greatest asset any act can have.
These are the people who spend the most, engage most, and care most about artists and their music. But, while we know how much we value them, what should we be doing to serve these superfans and keep them engaged with their favourite artists? This event will hear from a wide range of industry practitioners including a label insight expert, author, artist management, experts on Korea and Japan and relevant tools and services. A new report specially commissioned by BPI/ERA and written by Music Ally will also be presented at the event, looking at who these superfans are, where they exist, how they organise themselves, where acts can work with them, what things work for them and what things are fan Kryptonite.
Here is the first round of confirmed topics and speakers:
- Event Introduction from Event Chair - Patrick Ross, Music Ally
- Presentation of 'Serving the Superfans' Report - Eamonn Forde, Music Ally
- Putting Fanatics First - Martin Vovk, Head of Insight, Sony Music UK
- Fangirls - Hannah Ewens, Author of Fangirls: Scenes from Modern Music Culture is interviewed by Aimee Cliff
- The Management Perspective on Spotify’s 'Fans First' - Stephen O’Reilly, Director, ie:music and MD ie:music ventures
- Learning from Other Countries - A mini panel discussion with Tamar Herman, K-pop Correspondent, Billboard and Takuya Yamazaki, Founder & Managing Partner, Field R
- Quickfire Tools/Services Presentations
- Simon Scott, Co-Founder, Push Entertainment
Jared Kristensen, CEO & Founder, Audience Republic
- Alan Graham, CTO & Co-Founder, Portes
A more fleshed out agenda and more names will be announced in due course.
Where: Online. Register here to take part. You will be sent a link to log in on the date of the event. Priority spaces will be given to BPI & ERA members, but in these extraordinary circumstances we will welcome non-members for free too, capacity allowing.
When registering for more than 1 ticket, please use individual names and email addresses for each participant, otherwise your request will be denied.
When: Wednesday, 29th Apr, 4.00pm – 6.30pm
The Session will last for around 90-120 minutes and will be followed by a Q&A.