The BPI is pleased to announce the next edition in its regular series of BPI Insight Sessions – Match of the Day: The Intersection of Music & Professional Sport, which will take place on Thursday, 4th November from 4.00pm.
The virtual session will again be presented in association with regular partners Music Ally, and with the valued support of BPI official audio partner, Bowers & Wilkins.
Music and sports have long overlapped through the shared passion and interest they generate among countless fans and in our media, and this intersectionality increasingly creates significant synergies and partnership opportunities for the two industries and their respective protagonists.
This will explore developments within sports that the music world can draw inspiration from – whether use of innovative tech or new ways of engaging with fanbases; as well as present direct opportunities for music and artists to connect with this ecosystem for promotional or commercial purposes. The sessions will draw on expertise from the sports worlds of football and basketball amongst others, as well as music industry executives and specialists working in the intersection of these two businesses.
Following the well-received template of 2021’s events ‘10 x 10: Ten Trends for the Next Ten Years’ and ‘Tellin’ Stories: The Art of Building Artist Legacies’, this latest session will again see 10 expert speakers present their findings in 10 minute blocks, in what the BPI hopes will be an enlightening afternoon for anyone who is exploring opportunities or partnerships with the professional sports business, whether through working in sync, marketing, artist development or other avenues – or simply looking for some inspiration from a fascinating industry.
- New Tech Developments & Sports Startups – Joe Sparrow, Editor of Music Ally
- Spreading the Roots of the Beautiful Game – Iain McNay, Chairman, Cherry Red Records interviewed by Paul Brindley, CEO & Co-Founder, Music Ally
- Learnings from the US: Hip-Hop & Professional Sports – Dan Runcie, Founder of Trapital
- Working with Partners: Lessons from Sport for Music – Jon Drakes, Head of Asia Pacific, Fuse and Danielle Sammeroff, Director, Culture and Entertainment Marketing Partnerships, Fuse interviewed by Marlen Huellbrock, Head of Marketing Services, Music Ally
- Music and Sports TV - Peter Bradbury, Director of Music, Sky and Tom Roberts, Director, Shoot Music
- The Power of Music & Sports Fandoms – Srishti Das, Consultant, Midia Research
- Focus on NFTs: NBA Top Shots – Mickey Maher, SVP of Platform and Blockchain Partnerships, Dapper Labs interviewed by Casandra Strauss, Director of Innovation and Special Projects, BPI
- Parallel Lanes - How Music and Sport are Evolving Digitally – Daniel Ayers, Consulting Partner, Seven League
- How Music and Sport can be on the Same Team (The Potential of Adaptive Music) – Chantal Epp, Founder & CEO, ClicknClear
- Music & Sports, Same League? – Olivier Robert-Murphy, Executive Vice President, Universal Music Group for Brands and Jean-François Pathy, Marketing Director, FIFA, in conversation with Casandra Strauss, Director of Innovation & Special Projects, BPI
BPI members can attend for free here, while non-members can purchase a £20 ticket here. BPI is delighted to offer members of other trade bodies a £5 discount code, and they should be in touch with their respective trade bodies to get this code.