The BPI is pleased to announce that the latest in its regular series of Insight Sessions – 10 x 10: Ten Trends for the Next Ten Years – will take place on Thursday, 15th April from 4.00pm.
The virtual session will once again be in association with regular partners Music Ally, and will also be presented with the support of BPI official audio partner, Bowers & Wilkins.
Celebrating the fact that this is the first BPI Insight Session of the new decade, this forthcoming event looks ahead to the 2020s and will see 10 speakers give their views on individual technologies, as well as on broader business trends and societal issues – and their potential impact for music: from 5G, smart cars and creator culture to new audio formats, the metaverse and non-fungible tokens (NFTs), amongst others.
Attendees will hear from specialists and analysts working actively at the heart of these exciting developments – each taking 10 minutes to present an overview of their area of expertise. The last three sessions are now announced, completing the final line-up of topics & speakers:
- The Metaverse – Stuart Dredge, Editor in Chief, Music Ally
- The Evolution of Direct to Fan – Tom McNeill, Creator Partnerships Manager, Patreon
- Unleashing the Power of 5G for the Music Industry - Emily Savage, Immersive (XR) Commercial Product Lead, Digital Catapult
- What Artificial Intelligence means for the Music Industry – Cliff Fluet, Head of Media & Entertainment at Lewis Silkin/MD of Eleven Advisory
- The Smart Home & The Smart Car - Alexandre Jornod, Lead Market Analyst, Music & Audio, Futuresource Consulting
- The Future of Audio - Cherie Hu, Founder & Publisher, Water & Music
- The Attention Economy – Will Page, Author of ‘Tarzan Economics’ and former Chief Economist of Spotify and PRS for Music
- Creator Culture: The Music Business’ Next (R)evolution - Mark Mulligan, Managing Director & Analyst, MIDiA Research
- The Potential of NFTs – Shara Senderoff, Partner/ President, Raised In Space
- The Evolution of Streaming – Joe Sparrow, Writer & Broadcaster, Music Ally
BPI members and industry guests can sign up for free here.
Event: BPI Insight Session, in association with Music Ally and Bowers & Wilkins
Subject: 10 x 10: Ten Trends for the Next Ten Years
Date & time: Thursday, 15th April 2020 – 4pm– 6pm GMT