Thursday 2nd December (4pm-6pm), which falls just ahead of International Day of Persons with Disability (3 December), will focus on Disability and The Music Industry.
The Equality Sessions are presented in partnership with BPI’s Equity & Justice Advisory Group (EJAG), and this edition will be in collaboration with Attitude is Everything, which seeks to improve deaf and disabled people's access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry.
The two-hour webinar, which is open to all guests and can be accessed for free here, will host a discussion of disability in the music industry through two panels. These will explore: Ways to support artists with access requirements and remove barriers and How to make sure your business is not excluding disabled talent.
Panellists include various artists as well as representatives from Sony Music Entertainment UK and UK Music. The webinar will kick off with BPI EJAG member Ben Price of Harbourside Artist Management speaking about his own experiences in music before interviewing the founder of Attitude is Everything, Suzanne Bull MBE, who will reflect on the history of the organisation and the changes it is striving to help bring about.
The BPI Equality Sessions shine a light on individuals and initiatives that are making a difference in their fields and are paving the way for new generations to thrive in a more diverse and inclusive music business. Sessions to date have taken Women in the Music Industry, Celebrating Pride and Celebrating Black History Month as their themes.
Running order & panellists (more speakers to be confirmed):
- MJ Olaore, BPI COO – Introduction.
- Ben Price, Owner & Artist Manager, Harbourside Artist Management – relating his own experiences in music and sharing data and insights.
- Ben Price – interviews Suzanne Bull, Founder, Attitude is Everything.
Panel 1: Exploring ways to support artists with access requirements and remove barriers
- Rich Legate – Attitude is Everything – Moderator
- Ruth Lyon – Artist
- Elle Chante – Artist
Panel 2: How to make sure your business is not excluding disabled talent
- Paul Hawkins – Attitude is Everything – Moderator
- Andy Edwards – UK Music executive/Music business consultant.
- Mackinlay Ingham – NOW Music Project Coordinator at Sony Music
- Amanda Maxwell – Music Manager to Ellie Prohan, Chair to UK Music Future, BPI EJAG.