BPI represents the UK’s recorded music industry, which is one of the most exciting and thriving music sectors in the world. As a trade body, we champion the interests of our membership which includes more than 500 independent music companies and the UK’s major record companies – Universal Music UK, Sony Music UK, and Warner Music UK. Together. BPI’s members account for 85% of all music sold in the United Kingdom.
BPI organises the annual BRIT Awards with Mastercard show, The Mercury Music Prize with Free Now and the Classic BRIT Awards show.
BPI co-owns The Official Charts in a joint venture with the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA). The Official Charts is responsible for the commissioning, distribution, marketing and promotion of the UK’s industry standard music and video charts and sales data.
BPI Content Protection devise and deliver technical and practical strategies to protect digital and physical music content, including bringing precedent-setting legal cases, delivering a world-leading website-blocking programme, removing infringing content from the internet, disrupting illegal entities and operations.
BPI is seeking an exceptional Investigations & Enforcement Manager to execute BPI’s content protection strategy in close collaboration with the Head of Content Protection and deliver the highest quality of service to BPI member labels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the execution of the BPI’s Content Protection strategy, ensuring team alignment against strategic objectives;
- Manage digital & physical anti-piracy operations, including people and project management;
- Ensure smooth progression of work, removal of any blockers that may arise, re-prioritisation of tasks & projects as required;
- Keep up to date on new piracy threats that may affect the industry;
- Identify opportunities to deliver additional value to BPI member labels;
- Effectively liaise with BPI Legal, member labels, partner organisations, and law enforcement bodies on digital & physical piracy cases;
- Manage case files on the internal Case Management System;
- Approve departmental expenses and raise purchase orders;
- Ensure processes and procedures are accurately recorded on Confluence;
- Ensure accurate data recording and reporting against KPIs;
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations;
- Promote inclusion, knowledge sharing and collaborative work within the team;
- Prioritise wellbeing of the staff and provide opportunities for personal development.
- Excellent understanding of the music piracy eco-systems, supporting technologies and enforcement options available to the right holders;
- Hands-on individual with strong work ethic and the ability to motivate and drive a bright and diverse team;
- Strong people and project management skills, ideally with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to create and communicate value to multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and leadership skills;
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills;
- Good working knowledge of GDPR, Disclosure & SAR regulations, RIPA, ACPO good practice for collecting digital evidence;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel expert user.
- Law Enforcement/Criminology/Cyber Investigations background;
- Knowledge of the music industry;
- Knowledge of copyright law;
- Passion for protecting intellectual property.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
The BPI is passionate about encouraging the best possible and most talented people to join its team regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].
Applications closing date: November 30th, 2022.