London: Hybrid Remote/Office/On location
Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2023
The BPI represents the UK’s recorded music industry, which is one of the most exciting and thriving music sectors in the world. British artists account for one in eight albums purchased by fans around the globe. As a trade body, we champion the interests of our membership which includes over 500 record labels and associate members, including independents across the UK and Universal Music UK, Sony Music Entertainment UK and Warner Music UK. The BPI organises the annual BRIT Awards with Mastercard and Mercury Prize with FREENOW 'Album of the Year' and co-owns The Official Charts in a joint venture with the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA).
Reporting to the Director of Events and Charities with a dotted line to the Office Manager & Executive Assistant to CEO, the role will provide administrative support across the BPI, focused on the Events Team at key times, to help the organisation and its teams running smoothly and efficiently.
The role requires the individual to be capable of working with initiative, of balancing priorities and being proactive to provide an efficient and supportive service.
- Team diary management
- Admin support for voting and voting academy processes for BRIT Awards
- Admin and liaison support for Mercury Prize entries, tickets, guest lists/tables
- Prepare temporary offices at events site alongside the Events Coordinator. This is likely to include lifting and carrying supplies/equipment.
- Ad hoc support around key events dates
During Events, unsociable hours are part of the role with time in lieu offered (as opposed to any overtime).
- Admin support for members of the Exec team including arranging meetings, organizing meeting venues and room bookings.
- Monitor company meeting room and desk bookings and manage queries.
- Management and query resolution of the Reception & General BPI email inboxes.
- Responsibility for booking couriers, taxis, and handling incoming and outgoing post.
- New starter induction & leaver administration.
- Ad hoc support.
This role will be exposed to sensitive and confidential information. Any candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to manage such information with appropriate care.
In addition, the role requires:
- The ideal candidate will have had experience of working within in Events Management.
- A demonstrable inclusive attitude.
- Computer literacy, with strong competency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of organisation and efficiency, the ability to work methodically and take ownership of tasks, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage complex problems.
- Able to maintain high standards while unsupervised.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
BPI is passionately keen to attract, and actively encourages, the best possible candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, race, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.
How to apply:
Please submit your application via this link