UK record label association the BPI owns and produces the celebrated BRIT Awards, Classic BRIT Awards & the Mercury Prize. It co-owns the Official Charts Company, certifies the iconic BRIT Certified Platinum, Gold & Silver Awards and is also home to the Parental Advisory brand.
The BPI promotes and protects the UK recorded music industry - one of the world’s leading music industries – both domestically and internationally. As a trade association it provides its range of services to over 400 independent label members and to the three major record companies (Sony Music, Universal Music UK & Warner Music), as well as to the record label and performer members of the collecting rights body PPL. Collectively, all those members account for approximately 99 percent of recorded music consumed legally within the UK each year.
The BPI Content Protection team helps to devise and deliver technical and practical strategies to protect digital and physical music content: including bringing precedent setting legal cases; delivering a world-leading website-blocking programme; removing infringing content from the internet; and disrupting illegal websites & traders.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
The BPI is passionate about encouraging the best possible and most talented people to join its team – regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.
BPI is seeking a dynamic Full-Stack Developer to join its leading Content Protection department, reporting to the Head of Content Protection.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain methodologies to help discover, assess and remove infringing music content online;
- Advice and implement technical solutions to improve operations, and ensure security of internal IT systems;
- Lead the design, architecture and development of various software tools, including bespoke web crawlers, whois & network lookup tools, website monitoring tools, etc;
- Implement the Content Protection front end (unified interface for all Content Protection services) and provide support to end-users (in-house analyst team);
- Manage internal databases, ensuring information governance and record management in line with regulatory requirements (GDPR, disclosure etc);
- Provide support for the use of Virtual Machines (cloud-based), Evidence Server (a specific file store with an emphasis on secure access), and Case Management System (currently IBM IMS);
- Oversee team members who might be engaged in coding and technical tasks;
- Effectively liaise with the BPI’s IT department, external IT providers and technical teams;
- Effectively liaise with the Content Protection staff members on assigned projects;
- Act as technical advisor (subject matter expert) to support decision making, lobbying and litigation.
- 5+ years’ commercial experience as a C# programmer;
- Excellent understanding of the .NET framework including WinForms, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework and LINQ;
- Experience in software design, development and security;
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Services;
- Familiarity with Docker and related concepts such as containers, images etc;
- A good understanding of Relational databases and their query languages (SQL);
- Ability to work with different sources of data (Excel/CSV files, APIs etc);
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence & GitHub;
- Passion for solving problems and coming up with creative solutions;
- Well-organised, with strong time management skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management and liaison skills;
- Excellent communicator and team player, able to motivate and inspire others.
To apply, please submit CV & cover letter to Paola Monaldi ([email protected]) by 31st August 2021.