BPI Insight Session: Match of the Day: The Intersection of Music & Professional Sport - in association with Music Ally and BPI official partner Bowers & Wilkins
Music and sports have long overlapped through the shared passion and interest they generate among countless fans and in our media, and this intersectionality increasingly creates significant synergies and partnership opportunities for the two industries and their respective protagonists.
This event will explore developments within sports that the music world can draw inspiration from – whether it's about the use of innovative tech or new ways of engaging with fanbases; as well as present direct opportunities for music and artists to connect with this ecosystem for promotional or commercial purposes. The sessions will draw on expertise from the worlds of football and basketball amongst others, as well as music industry executives and specialists working in the intersection of these two businesses – each taking 10 minutes to present an overview or discuss their area of expertise.
• New Tech Developments & Sports Startups – Joe Sparrow, Editor of Music Ally
• Spreading the Roots of the Beautiful Game – Iain McNay, Chairman, Cherry Red Records interviewed by Paul Brindley, CEO & Co-Founder, Music Ally
• Learnings from the US: Hip-Hop & Professional Sports – Dan Runcie, Founder of Trapital
• Working with Partners: Lessons from Sport for Music – Jon Drakes, Head of Asia Pacific, Fuse and Danielle Sammeroff, Director, Culture and Entertainment Marketing Partnerships, Fuse interviewed by Marlen Huellbrock, Head of Marketing Services, Music Ally
• Music and Sports TV - Peter Bradbury, Director of Music, Sky and Tom Roberts, Director, Shoot Music
• The Power of Music & Sports Fandoms – Srishti Das, Consultant, Midia Research
• Focus on NFTs: NBA Top Shots – Mickey Maher, SVP of Platform and Blockchain Partnerships, Dapper Labs interviewed by Casandra Strauss, Director of Innovation and Special Projects, BPI
• Parallel Lanes - How Music and Sport are Evolving Digitally – Daniel Ayers, Consulting Partner, Seven League
• How Music and Sport can be on the Same Team (The Potential of Adaptive Music) – Chantal Epp, Founder & CEO, ClicknClear
• Music & Sports, Same League? – Olivier Robert-Murphy, Executive Vice President, Universal Music Group for Brands and Jean-François Pathy, Marketing Director, FIFA, in conversation with Casandra Strauss, Director of Innovation & Special Projects, BPI
BPI members can sign up for free, while non members can buy a £20 ticket. Members of other trade bodies can access a £5 discount code, and they should be in touch with their respective trade bodies to get this code.
Please note: the event is not being recorded, so we're operating a 'use it or lose it' policy.
This event is presented with the support of BPI official partner Bowers & Wilkins.
Bowers & Wilkins, founded in the U.K. in 1966, has been at the forefront of high-performance audio technology for more than 50 years. It designs and manufactures precision home speakers, headphones, custom installation and performance car audio products that set new standards for innovation and sound quality, earning countless awards and accolades from the world’s leading recording studios and musicians. Bowers & Wilkins’ reputation is based on the unwavering pursuit of the best possible sound and an unsurpassable music listening experience. Bowers & Wilkins joined the Sound United LLC family of brands in 2020. Learn more at www.bowerswilkins.com.